Click image to enlarge
Standard sheath material is 304 Stainless Steel which provides good thermal conductivity, and resistance to corrosion and scaling. Welded end disc made from the same material as the sheath provides a positive seal against moisture and other contaminants. Grade “A” Nickel-Chrome resistance wire precisely wound on a high purity magnesium oxide core places the resistance wire as close to the inside of the sheath as possible. A high purity Magnesium Oxide (MgO) powder is used to fill all remaining space inside the sheath. Heater is then swaged, which compacts the magnesium oxide grains into a solid mass. The standard termination for is Type N, 10" (254 mm) long nickel conductor lead wires externally connected to solid conductor terminal pins.
Miniature Size is 1/8" diameter heater.
Optional Inconel 600 sheath material is available.
Flexible stranded lead wires have fiberglass insulation and are connected to 1-1/4" (32 mm) long solid conductors. Silicone rubber coated fiberglass sleeving insulates the pin/lead wire connection.
Armor cable provides the maximum in protection for abrasive, jagged environments. The coupling between the cartridge and the armor cable is mechanically fastened or silver brazed.
*Limited to C1B: SS Cable, Mechanically Fastened for 1/8" Miniature Cartridge Heaters.
If your filter selections do not return your desired results from our standard configurations, please continue to select your Specifications.
When you are finished, save your selections in the Wish List (using the button at the right of this page) and follow the steps to submit them to Tempco.
Standard Electrical Tests and Optional Test Reports
1. Resistance test — measures ohms at room temperature.
2. IR (insulation resistance) test — measures the insulation resistance to the flow of current. Standard test is done at 500VDC.
3. Hipot (high potential) test — a high voltage is applied between a product's current carrying conductors and its metallic enclosure to verify that the insulation is sufficient to protect the operator from electrical shock.
4. Leakage current test — measures the current that flows from any conductive part to ground.
5. Heaters can be serialized and test reports can be sent with each shipment if required. Contact Tempco with your requirements.
See your Wish List.
Your saved pages and specifications can be sent to Tempco to assist in conversation or requesting a quote.
Send to Tempco
607 North Central Avenue
Wood Dale, IL 60191-1452 USA
Phone: 630.350.2252 Toll Free: 888.268.6396
Fax: 630.350.0232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEMPCO BRANCH OFFICES
We have Branch Offices located across the United States.
Authorized SA3 Distributor Log-In
ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company