Flanged Immersion Heater for Water Supply Application
November 22, 2022
Tempco was approached by a food packaging company that specializes in innovative and sustainable processing, packaging, and distribution of solid and liquid food products. They inquired about a flange immersion heater for a water processing application. The heater is intended to be used at a heating plant for chlorinated town water with these application characteristics:
- A capacity of around 20,000 Liters
- Water temperature of about 65° C
A very large, high-power heater is required to heat this amount of water on a daily basis. Through constant communication with constructive feedback, Tempco proposed a design that satisfied the customer's heating and wiring needs while keeping ease of installation in mind.
Tempco designed a large flange immersion heater with the following specifications:
- Heater overall length of approximately 50 inches
- A 316 Stainless Steel NEMA 4 terminal housing measuring 16 in. x 14 in. x 6 in.
- 18 Incoloy® heating elements capable of producing a total of 80 KW of heat
- All elements are individually wired in three circuits into terminal distributions blocks mounted on dim rails in the terminal housing
- Three RTD temperature sensors extending to three different lengths on the immersed section of the heater to monitor water temperature.
The combination of individually wired elements and three temperature sensors of varying lengths allow the operator to continue to run the heater as needed even if an individual element loses function.
The total duration of the project, which includes quoting, designing, and manufacturing, was less than 13 weeks.
Please wait while we gather your results.