Heater Power Output
- SCR output device and fused sub-circuits
- Solid state relays with individual relays per fused sub-circuit
- Mechanical Contactors or optional Mercury relays
Range in Capacity: from 4.8KW through 332KW.
Designed to run process heating systems using circulation heaters, duct heaters or any other resistive load.
Factory pre-wired in accordance with the National Electrical Code, NFPA79, UL508A and any special local electrical codes required by the customer.
UL508A certification available when requested.
Control systems are based on SCR power controls, solid state relays or mechanical contactors.
- Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR) Power Controls are solid state devices that provide infinitely variable power to accurately maintain setpoint temperature and extend heater life by maintaining a stable process temperature.
- Single-phase systems use single-phase zero cross SCRs
- Three-phase systems use 2-leg zero cross or 3-leg phase-angle SCRs dependant on load type
- Solid State Relays offer many of the benefits of SCRs often at a lower cost, but are limited to an 80 Amp load.
- Mercury Relays offer a low-cost alternative to SCRs and SSRs for process heating applications and provide longer life than a mechanical contactor due to their self-renewing mercury contacts.