One last Look Back at 2022
January 26, 2023
2022 was a year of so many milestones, records and improvements that a recap of the year is hard to condense into a few words. Tempco celebrated our 50th anniversary with over 500 employees in attendance – a remarkable feat considering our simple origins in the 1970’s. (Look for a new “Company Timeline” on our website celebrating the many milestones we crossed over the past five decades.) Additionally, our strategy of domestic production, vertical integration and use of local suppliers turned a year that was a supply chain disaster for many into a resounding success for Tempco, with a nearly 30% year-over-year (YOY) growth. We also continued our tradition of investing in our manufacturing operations, allowing us to provide our customers with optimum solutions to their challenging industrial applications.
During this year of growth, we were also able to add several significant production upgrades.
Here are the highlights:
- We purchased nine new filling lines that allow us to make tubular heating elements faster with improved compaction. These elements are used to manufacture:
- tubular heaters
- finned tubular heaters
- maxiband heaters
- maxistrip heaters
- tubular band heaters
- cast-in heaters
- process heaters
- duct heaters
- Our 12kW fiber optic laser was installed along with two additional press brakes to improve the sheet metal shop
- The machine shop added several new Haas Centers to expand capabilities for the growing variety of geometries and tolerances we are challenged with in the Cast-In Department.
- The cast-in area expanded by 40% with new prep lines and added efficiencies to keep up with demand in this ever-growing area.
- We installed Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capabilities to streamline our order-to-invoice process with more accuracy.
- We replaced all nine QC stations with updated equipment and ergonomics to check products more accurately and to move them quickly to shipping.
Looking ahead, we will continue to invest in additional equipment, people and processes in 2023. We are also working on revamping our digital catalog to keep information up-to-date and to make it easier to access at any time via the website. As always, we are committed to making high-quality, custom-designed products for your most demanding applications including:
- electric heating elements
- electric heaters
- temperature sensors
- temperature control products
- power control products
- process heating systems
New filling stations improve compaction in the manufacture of tubular heaters
Tempco's new 12kw fiber optic laser cutter
New Tempco press brakes
Tempco's Quality Control Department
Chief Revenue Officer
Please wait while we gather your results.